Monday, December 14, 2009

God Working In Orangevale

As I exited the plane in Sacramento, CA I had no idea what God had in store for the week. We already had a jam-packed schedule and I was excited for all the possibilities of ministry. We kicked it all off with a wonderful weekend. Friday night was an event named “The Calling.” Despite some technical difficulties God answered my prayer of “Do not let the Devil take the ground here, oh Lord.” It turned out to be a blessing. People rededicated their lives to God and a girl by the name of Alli Franco decided it was time to “Finally go all in” and be baptized. The concert Saturday night was at a public school auditorium. The energy of God’s people praising Him through music and His Word could be felt throughout the event. I was grateful to be a part of this.
Monday commenced our “Spiritual Emphasis Week” with the Orangevale Seventh Day Adventist School grades K-8. My talks were focused on how God is always there for us and can always be counted on. He has called all of us to do heroic things for Him just as he called David, Moses, Noah, Samuel and all the other remarkable people of the Bible. I came to know many of these young people by name by participating with them in recess, and even learning some new games in the process.
The end of the week was one of the greatest moments as I watched a vast majority of the youth give themselves to Christ. Thirteen of them chose to make a public stand for baptism. In a ten day period I had been a part of numerous decisions to follow Jesus and a total of fourteen decisions for baptism. As I boarded my plane on the way back to Berrien Springs, MI I was exhausted but overflowing with joy in the Lord. It was a life changing experience for me. I was grateful to be a part of this incredible week. Thank you all for your support in helping make this week, and The Cause Ministry, a success in sharing Jesus with the Youth of this generation!

By: Randy Paulsen
Speaker of The Cause Ministry
From The Cause Newsletter
December 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment